That Bluehost deal

Is there any way to tie that Bluehost deal per SPF account? Every time I log onto a new device or computer, or IP, I get that blue banner promoting the Bluehost deal. I’ve closed it probably 10 times now. Can it just be tied to a users account so they only have to close it once? Or at least look if the user has Learnable already…I can’t even use the Learnable deal and I still get messages about it.

Cookies, you know… you don’t have the same cookies in each computer so… same with browsing history… so I suspect the answer is “no” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah - I’ve been having to clear history/everything a lot due to cache issues on a project. I feel like I’ve closed it so many times.

Still wish they would do something about this. I’ll await other input.

Now I know why I feel like it appears so often. It appears to reset everytime you log nto a new device. E.g. at home - close it. Work - close it. Back home - close it.

1 Like

Are you using Chrome? You can limit it to not clear cookies and use EditThisCookie to manage them instead.

Now that you mention it, I’ve noticed that as well.

It’s not that intrusive I don’t think.

1 Like

Safari on phone, Chrome on chromebook, FF at work.

Considering I’ve basically said “no” to that deal about 10 times now, it feels intrusive to me. Not to mention the deal doesn’t appear to even know that I can’t use it. It’s just strange all around.

Offers to people who have to log in first don’t need cookies to work. As the person is logged in the browser knows who they are - the session cookie ties the browser they are currently using to access their account.

If the ad was tied to their account as well then their account could track whether they have seen the ad or not and whether they have chosen to close it with NO COOKIE REQUIRED. Using a cookie in this situation just breaks the proper functionality as the same account can have millions of different cookies at different times.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.