The best CMS without the use of templates!

[COLOR=“#2968A1”]I would like to have a pre-built rock solid content management system without templates.

I am already looking myself too via [/COLOR][COLOR=“#B22222”]Google search[/COLOR].

What do you mean without templates?

So you are stuck with a standard design or so that you have to edit the codebase itself to change the look of it?

There’s no such thing as a CMS without templates. Even no template at all … is technically a template.

And if you really want to get theoretical, there is no such thing as a website without a template. At the very least, the layout of your index.html file, coupled with your CSS styles … constitutes a “template.”

If you’re talking about using a CMS without a “pre-made” template, and where you can use your own design … to my knowledge, there is no CMS in existence that won’t allow you to use your own custom design. If such a thing actually existed, it would be the worst tool on the planet, and not worth your time. I suppose that list might include those dumb “one-and-one-mywebsite” things that you see advertised on television. But no reputable CMS that I’m aware of at least.

content management system without templates?. what do you mean with your post.

To be entirely honest I am not sure how to put it into the correct context. I guess “no templates” was the best way I could think of at the time trying to describe what I had meant. Again, my inexperience in certain things had some to do with it. I have been debating how I am going to possibly reword this post. Given some time I might think of something. Sorry if confused anyone. :-/ lol

You’ll have to be a bit more specific :smiley: What platform are you thinking? Umbraco (open source) running on the .NET platform (ASP.NET) has an option to install without loading any content (and therefore in theory “no templates”) eventhough there are still templates in the backend and so on.

A link to umbraco: http://www.umbraco.com

I do not understand your question properly,you mean to say that you want a CMS tool without Template?? If so then it is not possible in my opinion because you have to use a template for your blog.

@Pankaj11
It was not a blog to begin with.

So what functionality are you picturing for you site? What do you want / not want to do with it? Do you want to avoid seeing / touching code?

Hi, i was just reading this thread, and i agree that i generally don’t understand the question asked, but in some of the answers there were statements that no CMS exists that has no default templates.

This is not true, there are many CMS systems that are great for retrofitting an existing Html/Css template into a CMS. One of them is CouchCMS, which is a great piece of software, doesn’t come with any templates, doesn’t force you to use pre-made positions for content, you use your own designs and put it into CMS.
Also i think PerchCMS is the same as Couch in that area, and i could count a few more, but i think this is enough.