The career chooses - Either Web Developer or SEO Professional?

I am working as an SEO Executive since 2+ years. I have a basic understanding about web development and also done courses in it.

I am struggling to make clear decisions about my career.

Can I choose either web developer or SEO professional career?

Which one is the best & Safe for the future and In which career can I earn sufficient to live?

Looking for your guidance.

@Ranjeet_Jadhav;

You can be a web developer with SEO expertise.

I am a designer, but I have knowledge in SEO which helps me in my job.

From experience those only focused on SEO master short-term black hat techniques with instant results, this is why they need to keep on top of things, as their techniques are mostly frowned upon.

In terms of stability I would have to say web designer. SEO will eventually turn into something else. Just to highlight when I started coding websites as S.E.O. professional was completely different to today’s S.E.O. guy. This change will not stop until S.E.O. as you know completely changes into a practice that designers and developers are aware of, rather than a ‘secret’ 'art form.

I strongly feel we’ve reached this day, and there is no need for an SEO professional.

yes obviously web deigning provides stable platform to grow but SEO is not dead , it differentiating in fields like online reputation management , strategic link builder , Lead generator through organic search .

So be focused and select your favorite work don’t confuse in future scenarios.

SEO has changed so so much. The old-school SEO is dead. However, web development seams to have remained much unchanged. I LOVE SEO, however, I do feel you’d be challenged in keeping up with the times. It’s one of those things I am guessing. When you say SEO I always think of the black-hat techniques of the early days. :frowning:

Thanks for your precious suggestions.

So, Finally I decided to move to the web development as I almost well known about SEO and so much eager to learn web development as it doesn’t change so frequently as SEO with more respectful and high earning choice.

Can someone guide me about - How to be perfect in PHP web development with less time period and grab a job?

I would definitely be Web Developer vs SEO. As a web developer, your skill will continually grow and you will become better at it. With SEO, it’s so dynamic that all your knowledge might just vanish the next day.

There is no such thing as being “perfect” programmer. Not that I’m a PHP developer but I believe I can give general advice

• Grab very high rated PHP book from Amazon
  • Research most popular PHP frameworks (such as MVC) and know when to use them.

I think those two tips are very good place to start.

web developer having knowledge about SEO is added advantage for him.knowing both is added amazing carrer.