The effectiveness of forum posting

Well, most people who comment on this thread seem to always miss the point that I am trying to make. First, I am not talking about posting link in your post body because that would be seen as spam if the link does not relate to the nature of the thread. My point is to become a helpful member with do-follow forums which allow you to have signatures.

Look, to be honest with you I never post any link in my post body in any forum that does not relate to the nature of what has been discussed.

Those links may count in terms of PR, but they are also in danger of diluting your content ranking. If you have links to a page from sites on web design, holidays in France, recipes for chocolate cake, funny pictures of pets and historic railway engines, then Google is going to struggle to classify your site. That could mean that your site doesn’t rank highly for relevant searches.

Links from irrelevant sites will do you very little good in the long run.

It is quite impressive how you started ranking 6th and 7th in only 2 months!!? How did you do your marketing? It took me half a year to climb from second page to first, only to the number 5…
I do include the link in signature too but I only participate in forums that I really like.

I believe forum posting is most effective if the forum is related to your niche. So, when someone sees your signature, they will most likely click on it if the forum is somewhat related to your niche.

yes i also know forum posting is now become very important thing but problem is that most forum do no give people to post signature they think we are spam and they ban us can you guys share goof pr forums list like sitepoint

I find it hard to believe that anyone would come to these forums only for the sake of posting genuine aquestions or providing answers to supposedly genuine questions. Life is all about give ad take. Without the need to accumulate links and get higher rankings, some of the forums might indeed not exist at all. Bear in mind how much time it takes the avarage novice to actually make an impact on the rankings of his/her site. I think some of the forums actualy depend to a certain extent on ‘spammers’ for their traffic.

I seriously hope that you are just trolling.

The entire purpose of communities like these is to get like-minded developers to post questions, provide answers and to facilitate discussion about the web. The sole reason most of the regular posters here are around is because they want to contribute to this forum. The only reason I am here is to contribute and to learn.

The same goes for thousands of other Q&A sites, forums and other social sites. If you share your view with the owners of sites like Reddit and Stack Overflow they’ll probably collapse in a fit of laugher. There’s a good reason why so many man-hours are spent on eradicating spammers from our systems.

Large forums like this don’t even come close to relying on spammers for its traffic. Spammers are nothing more than a hindrance towards a perfect social web, and as these people will often contribute absolutely nothing to a forum they’re viewed as nothing more than bandwidth leeches; worthless traffic that advertisers couldn’t care less about and that do nothing but ruin the user experience of a forum.

Its not always the case, with articles you need your comments to be moderated some delay but forums don’t need approval and hence are faster. Forums like Ubuntu forums are indexed in seconds cause SEs are always on the lookout on such forums, however links from articles have a little bit higher PR than forums also most forums have no follow links unlike blogs.

I am a member with more than 10 forums and I have signature in almost all of them. I also make sure that I post in a regular basis.

Then most of the people around you are mythical beings who don’t exist.

Here on Sitepoint Forums, the vast majority of people are here because they want to learn and/or they want to share their knowledge. If you knock out the SEO area, which attracts a much higher proportion of spammers and scammers who have no interest except getting free links, that numbers is getting pretty close to 100%.

Reputable high-quality forums only exist because of the quality of discourse on them - because there are people who have knowledge that they are willing to share with others for no greater payback than a warm fuzzy feeling inside, and that it helps build a community where they in turn may be able to learn something. We do NOT depend on spammers in any way, shape or form whatsoever. We despise spammers, and we spend vast amounts of time doing our level best to thwart their every move and prevent them from hijacking a valuable community resource to use for their own ends.

If you can’t see any further into an online community than using and abusing it as a way to gain backlinks, then I really genuinely feel sorry for you.

I don’t think it is spamming/blackhat, just make sure that all your contributions are really relevant and as long as you can help other readers then it’s fine.

Yeah doing forum posting only for getting backlinks is not genuine reason and you can’t achieve good reputation any forum for this goal.I like forum commenting it helps to boost my knowledge on current topics.

First of all forum posting can’t be done for the sake of getting back-links only, if that your plan you’ll end up getting banned because your posts will not be genuine replies to genuine question. But, at the same time if you are willing to spend some time one some forums sharing what you’ve learned with others and learn from others as well there is nothing wrong with getting a link back to your site as far as your signature is concerned.

I completely agree with you on this. I made it clear to this tread that your posts should be genuine replies, should be relevant, and should add value to the topic that has been discussed.

Keep up the good work. Also try posting comments in blogs, along with creating more backlinks. If you have not done so create company blog and post articles on it at least once a week

This depends on the type of posting you are doing.Forum posting is an important method of off page optimization.When we are posting in forums then we should be careful where we are posting.It should be related to your site.And your reply should be related to the topic.

Forums can be used as a medium to get more traffic. Only if used effectively. It is also very important to not spam but give genuine and relevant replies in threads.

I am the one who learned a lot from Forums by asking and answering. I want to do something useful by replying to you thread initiators and get benefit out of it. That is good for keeping your membership in a forum i think. But, from my view if you really follow the guidelines then you will surely get all the benefits out of a forum from back link to traffic. So, it is advisable to abide by rules and regulations. Thanks.

Forum Posting is the finest and appropriate ways to communicate your target audience and urging them to visit your website.

Forum Posting is a good idea as it has the chance for you to gain more backlinks as well as generate more traffic.