? the first edition too old NoteTab

I started this last year, but got off track. I’m back again trying to learn web designing. I am using the "Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTMS & CSS, the first edition. I see on the SitePoint website that another version is being used. Is the first edition too old to use? Also I read in the book that NoteTab is another type of editor for web pages. I don’t know if I should use the regular Notepad that came with my computer or NoteTab. Will using NoteTab deprive me of learning a foundation that I will need to develop a good understanding of web building?

No, not at all. The essentials of web design have ot changed, although new things have certainly been introduced.

Also I read in the book that NoteTab is another type of editor for web pages. I don’t know if I should use the regular Notepad that came with my computer or NoteTab.

There are lots of code editors, many of them free, and it doesn’t matter in the least which you use, as it’s the code itself that matters. Which editor you use is as irrelevant as what color hammer you use to drive nails. :slight_smile:

Thanks