The Latest Baby from the SitePoint Group

The latest TripleTime project to come to fruition is one that I am especially excited about. We call it Eyeball, and it’s essentially crowd-sourced front end testing. If you want to know how your site looks on desktops, tablets and smartphones, tweet or enter your URL and we’ll tweet you back your results.

You can check out Eyeball here. We’d love to know what you think.

Wow, looks amazing, Sarah. What’s in it for SitePoint to offer this?

Yes this looks really fun, I’m ready to receive my notification when the Beta is ready! Awesome.

The page appears BLANK without JavaScript enabled - I assume that is a Bug you are working on? Like Ricky mentioned in the SP Blog: Examples of Broken CSS Wanted!

In reference to my question, when I was explaining about fatal web accessibility issues. I accept the tool might not work fully in the absence of JavaScript. Albeit the completely blank page isn’t a very good implementation. :slight_smile:

If it’s something like BrowserStack then it’s great that you’re going to provide a similar service. There aren’t many remote device labs out there (yet).

The thing that doesn’t work for me is that I need to submit my url via Twitter. I wouldn’t want to openly flood my Twitter feed with my website tests and have everyone witness my daily testing routines. So that would be a deal-breaker for me, though a project like this (minus the way a site can be submitted) would be an absolute asset.

Make a test twit account.

That’d still expose URLs and data that I wouldn’t want people to see.

It looks great but I’m with Maleika on this one. I don’t mind to tweet my own site but it may be a problem when I’m testing a customer’ site that’s not really ready and that I’m working on. It is a great idea :smiley:

Nothing at this point. We’re just trying out some new experimental ideas.

Nope, not at this point.

Ah yes, I’m hearing you. Good feedback.

Good job except for the point highlighted by Maleika!
Make submitting independent from Twitter and add option to tweet what we want to tweet! Other than that the concept is very good! :slight_smile:

Bring on the beta - that’s all I will say :slight_smile: