The PHP 7 Revolution: Return Types and Removed Artifacts

You make a point, sure my parents and grandparents do some wrong things their own ways, but there is a difference since they aint public advocates. Of course I wont argue with them, because they are not standing in a public stage and telling other people that they should be doing their wrong ways because its correct in their eyes. If they are happy with what they are doing, its okay, but it becomes a problem when they start to tell people, especially the general public that their wrong ways are the approaches to take. If my parents or grandparents are public advocates for their wrong behaviors, I’d definitely argue with them since they will be effectively damaging the society. But they are not, and they never will, so this hypothetical situation is not meaningful anyway.

So you see, a forum is a public community in which we come to learn, educate and exchange ideas. It is not my house, in which I can do whatever I want to, good or bad, right or wrong. You can say the president sucks at your home or with your friends, no one will have a problem with it, but when you say it in a public area with lots of people coming from various regions and background, you will have to back up your claim with evidence why the president sucks. It’s the same thing here. Like @fretburner said in an earlier post, if Tony is happy maintaining his legacy code, let him be. There’s not a problem with that, but it becomes an issue(or more precisely, a war) when he starts to claim his code is superior and that the other people are doing the wrong thing instead. In fact, he does make an very interesting blogpost last year, very nice to read Id say:

Yes, it is when you start to claim superiority in front of public that you have to back up yourself with reasons for validity of your argument. Otherwise, people will counter, friendly or aggressive, which cannot be helped. Anyway, I am not interested in starting another argument with Tony anymore, I am just stating the reasons why people are arguing with him. I hope you understand that, these arguments from previous posts do exist for a reason.

1 Like