The programmer, create a website with database in PHP & MySQL" 4th Edition by Kevin

I do not speak English very well so please excuse me. I bought “The programmer, create a website with database in PHP & MySQL” 4th Edition by Kevin Yank. I arrived by traveling in Chapter 6 on “includes” but I have a problem as follows: "Warning: include_once (C :confused: wamp / www / / includes / auxiliaires.inc.php) [function.include-once ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C: \ wamp \ www \ leprogrammeur \ chapter6 \ auxiliaires_blagues \ blagues.html.php on line 1

Warning: include_once () [function.include]: Failed opening ‘C :confused: wamp / www / / includes / auxiliaires.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path = ‘. C: \ php5 \ pear’) in C: \ wamp \ www \ leprogrammeur \ chapter6 \ auxiliaires_blagues \ blagues.html.php on line 1 "and I can not move forward. I wanted to clarify that I speak French and I program with utilities in French.

I await your help.

Hi chrsaxel, The message you received is because PHP cannot find the file auxiliaires.inc.php. Can you paste the code from your blagues.html.php file so I can see how you are referencing that file?

Well, what directory is “/includes/auxiliaries.inc.php” located in?

here is the code that appears in the document I Bought:

<?php include_once $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] . ‘/includes/auxiliaires.inc.php’; ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN”
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
<html xmlns=“http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=“fr” lang=“fr”>
<head>
<title>Liste des blagues</title>
<meta http-equiv=“content-type”
content=“text/html; charset=utf-8”/>
</head>
<body>
<p><a href=“?ajoutblague”>Ajoutez votre propre blague</a></p>
<p>Voici toutes les blagues de la base de données :</p>
<?php foreach ($blagues as $blague): ?>
<form action=“?supprblague” method=“post”>
<blockquote>
<p>
<?php print_html($blague[‘texte’]); ?>
<input type=“hidden” name=“id” value=“<?php
echo $blague[‘id’]; ?>”/>
<input type=“submit” value=“Supprimer”/>
</p>
</blockquote>
</form>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</body>
</html>

The files in the directory of wamp (www) and precisely in the “chapter6”

<?php include_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/includes/auxiliaires.inc.php'; ?>

$_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] apparantly points to: C :confused: wamp / www / (based on your error message)

So, in order to find the file at C: \ wamp \ www \ leprogrammeur \ chapter6 \ includes \ auxiliaires.inc.php (which is where you said the file was)

Your code line should look like:

<?php include_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/leprogrammeur/chapter6/includes/auxiliaires.inc.php'; ?>

Merci ça marche. Je reviendrai vous voir si j’ai des problèmes.Merci encore.

Thank you it works. I will return to you if I have problèmes.Merci yet.

Hello,
I went through the book by Kevin Yank but does not solve my problem where I bought it. I want to develop a website where the news (text and photos) are in cms. The user can make updates news.Or this book is a special case of cms jokes. Can you help me with this?

Do you want to learn how to write such a CMS?

If so, there are a lot of books whose knowledge you would have to combine to get there. Or if you just want to learn how to utilize an existing CMS such as Drupal or Joomla, you’d be better off purchasing a book specifically for those existing CMSes

As for the book you purchased, think of Jokes as News and if you rename everything accordingly, it comes close to providing that feature (you may need a few additional fields added to your database, web forms, etc.

What if a book is very practical development of CMS like wordpress, joomla, drupal? a book about a very practical example and is also published in French.it is mainly the news that interest me. When the user puts a picture and text there is a link on a small photo and text that appears on the homepage. And when it clicks it opens the page with the great big picture that was in miniature. But the book I bought does not cover it very well. that’s why I asked for help.

Wordpress Books
Joomla Books
Drupal Books

You will need to read reviews and take a look at the table of contents before buying (or go to the Library and see if they have the book or a book store and just flip through it to see if it meets your requirements).

Most CMSes do what you want out of the box. I definitely know Wordpress can do that, so I am certain Joomla and Drupal can too.