The Pros and Cons of Working with Freelancers

Timely article!

Can anyone tell me where to find a freelancer for a project I’m working on and how much I should expect the project to cost?

I want to create a series of quizzes and tests for my websites. I work with PHP and MySQL, and I’ve already put together a working quiz (10 questions) that uses jQuery and JSON. However, I still have a few bugs to work out. For example, the questions are all multiple choice, but I’d like to be able to include fill-in-the-blank questions, too.

I’d also like to set it up so that visitors can register with my sites, log in, and have their test scores recorded. The database might store their name, username, password, the ID of a particular quiz, the date and their score.

I’ve spent the last week developing the quiz, and it’s probably going to take at least two more weeks to figure out how to do the other stuff. So I just wondered how much a freelancer would charge to do something like this - and where should I got to hire one?

I hired a freelancer for another project a few months ago, but he didn’t have the skills to do it. I paid him a little for his time.

Thanks for any tips.