The security token is missing from your request

I have a new hosting company, but the problem when trying to activate the site is that it keeps saying “The security token is missing from your request.”

I have tried to contact them via their chat,but the chat console doesn’t appear all the time, they do have a telephone number which to contact them, but would prefer the chat console

I’m assuming the issue you want assistance with is the error message, rather than the hosting company’s chat console.

Does this help? http://itsiti.com/cpanel-the-security-token-is-missing-from-your-request

The thing is that I still am able to log on to my Cpanel, after entering my password again, I am trying to activate my website through a link of where the domain url is supposed to be at

Sorry - you’ve lost me. At which stage in the proceedings are you having a problem?

If the domain is new, it can take up to 48 hours to “propagate” before you can access the site via the domain name.

It has been nearly a week since I’ve moved

And you can access your cPanel, but the site doesn’t show up at the domain?

If you’ve moved the domain from a different host, have the nameservers been updated accordingly?

It does show the domain

Sorry - I still don’t understand what your problem is. I’m not sure what you mean by “trying to activate the site”, or where it is that you’re running into difficulties.

I’m probably just being very dim here, but could you try again to discribe the exact problem?

it says when I type the url “If you’re the site owner, log in to launch this site”

Is there a default “home” with that message that needs to be deleted or renamed?

Or is your site an app and you need to get into its ACP?

I have no idea what you are on about “with a message that needs to be deleted” or

Believe me, I have no idea

I’ve never seen that message for any of my sites. If you don’t understand why it’s appearing, I think your only option is to contact the hosting company for help. I don’t think we have enough information here to offer any further advice.

Oh now they are making lame excuses that some “code is wrong on the domain”

Perhaps you would be better off finding a different hosting company, if the current one is unwilling or unable to help.

Managed to activate the domain, by some strange settings in the domains manager i.e. you’ve got to make sure that the domain is correctly pointing to a IP?? address and after that, it’s got to be saved to the server

Thank you for letting us know you found a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.