“The service is unavailable.” Magento admin links

Hi,

I installed Magento without any error and every permission and step described under official installation guide I followed. When the installation finished, I can see that Front end is working fine and when I go to back end(Admin panel), I can login fine and dashboard is displaying BUT when I click on any link like Sales > Orders the page says “The service is unavailable.” and this is same hapenning with almost all links of Admin panel.

Also, there are very few links which are working like Category List. This seems to be really strange.

I am using IIS7.5 and every setting seems to be fine as some other PHP sites are working very fine.

Can someone please help.

Regards,
Faraz H. Khan

Hi,

Finally got it working. In my case the issue was with some kind of Zend cache! I simply went to \magento\lib\Zend\Cache\Backend\File.php and changed the

‘cache_dir’ => null,

to

‘cache_dir’ => ‘tmp/’,

Before doing it, I created folder named tmp under root of my website given IUSR writing permission.

Also, URL rewriting is working like charm under IIS 7.5 as well, I simply added a single rule under URL_Rewrite module to forward * incomming to index.php and everything is sorted.

This is my web.config in case any one need:

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?>
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<rewrite>
<rules>
<rule name=“MYRule” stopProcessing=“true”>
<match url=”.*" ignoreCase=“false”/>
<conditions>
<add input=“{URL}” pattern=“^/(media|skin|js)/” ignoreCase=“false” negate=“true” />
<add input=“{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=“IsFile” negate=“true” />
<add input=“{REQUEST_FILENAME}” matchType=“IsDirectory” negate=“true” />
</conditions>
<action type=“Rewrite” url=“index.php” />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

Regards,
Faraz H. Khan