The Ultimate Content Marketing Toolkit

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/ultimate-content-marketing-toolkit/

Have you ever thought over the question: What makes someone choose your content over a competing article on the same subject? The answer is simple. If you want to be competitive in the world of content marketing, you need to understand exactly what the reader wants. You must meet those needs in an attractive, enjoyable way. Then, you need to put that content directly in front of the readers. The content marketing process can be time consuming and difficult to implement. That’s why using the right tools is essential.

Fortunately, today there are plenty of apps and tools that can guide you through the whole process, from content discovery and distribution to making your writing and marketing stages easier and more effective. There is no longer an excuse for poor quality writing on flimsy topics that no one wants to read.

Here are 20 tools that are considered popular today and proved to be effective helpers of successful writers and content marketers. I’ve classified them by purpose, type of content and by stage of content creation process.

Fishing for Content Ideas

Before getting the message across you have to get the lay of the land. No one wants to provide content that is out-dated and not interesting for the audience. So, you should first check out the sites, networks, and resources that identify the latest trends. Find out what your audience is truly interested in and which topics are popular at the moment with the help of the following sites:

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

Thanks for sharing this article! I really thought that this article about content marketing was useful.

Why no Windows/Linux alternatives in the Texting, Checking, Editing section? iAWriter and Mou both need an Apple platform. iAWriter staff even states that they’re not planning on extending to other platforms.

On Windows I use MarkdownPad 2, which is quite similar to Mou. Maybe add it to the list?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.