Theme not showing up

I want to make my own theme for a website but for some reason nothing ever shows, i got the index.php and all of that including the styles and images and i did install the theme properly. no errors but still nothing ever gets generated. any ideas? please advise

site: http://www.ytaco.com/hungry/

apparently there was some issues on that server where there were errors being generated when the theme was supposed to run but the server didn’t allow them to show and instead gave a blank page.

Sorry, I did go to the “www” site but I left it off in my post.

www.ytaco.com/hungary/ and www.ytaco.com/hungary and ytaco.com/hungary all get rewritten/redirected to ytaco.com/hungary/
with a 500 error

www.ytaco.com goes to www.ytaco.com/
ytaco.com goes to ytaco.com/
and both give 403 errors

The fact that the trailing slash is being enforced and www is getting stripped off when the path is to the subfolder make me almost certain it’s an htaccess issue.

I suspect the 500 is because of an “endless loop”

Please post your .htaccess file…

why are you going to ytaco.com?

the site is: http://www.ytaco.com/hungry/

i tried the default template it works this one doesn’t.

yup they are. i didn’t add everything just the code. so now i set the entire thing to CHMOD 777 and still the same problem.

here is the thing though i just tried from different computers and its just blank and that’s it.

here is the code:

www.ytaco.com/hungry/hungry.zip

i added but still nothing :frowning:

Because there’s nothing at all in view-source I still think it’s a rewrite or permission issue.

But anyway, I see the header.php file has

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/jquery-latest.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/jquery.easing.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/hoverIntent.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/superfish.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/cufon-yui.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/droid-custom-font.js"></script>

Are all those javascript files there?

If permissions are 0777 and ytaco.com still returns a 403 Forbidden header, then the only thing I can think of is an htaccess rule.
Can you post the main htaccess file?

that’s the whole thing that’s what i want to know as to why it is blank. i got no php error.

I get a blank page. Are you sure you’re not getting a PHP error?

Try debugging putting this at top:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', true);

If you haven’t made any recent changes to your htaccess file, maybe the new folders/files don’t have adequate permission settings - i.e. the 403 Forbidden

no i haven’t. i will attach a file with the code.

The page’ gives a 500 Internal Server Error HTTP header.
Just going to ytaco.com gives a 403 Forbidden

My guess is you’ve made some recent changes to your htaccess file?