Thesis Theme For wordpress

Hi,

Do any one know about thesis theme in word press?
Any knowledge and tips regarding using thesis theme ? will it be good to use in wordpress development ?
Danny

I haven’t used thesis, nor would I pay money for a theme. I just watched the video on their site. If you know HTML, and CSS, you can do all of that without using the theme. If you have cash to spend, don’t know HTML/CSS, and don’t want to learn, Thesis isn’t bad. Learning HTML & CSS can be beneficial to you.

Many themes are worth paying money for. But I would take Ryan’s advice and look for a free one first. Which theme you use may depend on how much experience you have with Wordpress and web development.

I have never used thesis but I use themeforest.net and then modify the template to look what i want it to look like. But any theme will work as I have done the same with free themes.

Your advices force me to learn HTML and CSS, not to spent cash for this, and i guess it could help me in future as well, because if i know html css i can modify any theme any free theme according to my need and don’t need to pay extra for this work. I have started learning HTML and CSS as well, going through tables and getting familiar with use of tables in HTML.

You should not use tables for layout. Use tables for tabular data. As you’re just beginning to learn HTML and CSS, you might as well start right. Here’s a good resource to get you started.

The easiest way for me to learn HTML and CSS was to read a good book , one from sitepoint is excellent, and then i bought a couple themes and read the code to see how they are put together. I then took code snipplets from one theme and put them in another to learn how shortcodes were made. Then just moving things and taken them out. That was best way for me as at the time I learned i could not find books on wordpress themes. To this day i design themes for people from premade as i do not believe in re-inventing the wheel and it saves me money and client money.

Also use firefox and learn how to use firebug as that will help you loads. Good luck.