Things to do immediatley after posting a new site

I’m sure this has been covered at sometime in one way or another but as times change so do methods become outdated etc.

So what “checklist” do you guys all follow when implementing a new website?

Example:

Code Google Analytics
Create Site Map - Submit to Search Engines
etc.
etc.

I’d love to have a checklist to follow to keep me organized and knowing that I’m covering the basics.

1. Code Google Analytics
  2. Sign up for Google WebMasterTools
  3. Create Site Map - Submit to Search Engines
  4. Sign up for Bing WebMasterTools
  5. Sign up for Yahoo WebMasterTools
  6. Check new email is working

Make sure you’ve registered any relevant social media accounts you will use or may wish to use in the future.
If it’s a localised business register it on google places for business

Make sure you have a clear understanding of backups and what would be available to you in the case of a crash.
User testing - you need people to bang on it and tell you about bugs or what is counter intuitive.

SEO is just a traffic getting method ans backlinks mainly effect your rankings - I build a website NOT for search engines but to provide a service or something of value to visitors… in other words I don’t do any onpage optimization apart from meta tag title & description on homepage. Sitemap XML file is useful if you have a very large website, GWT accounts is also useful to know if you have any serious problems on your website.

Jack

You need to get the word out about the website. Social media marketing is a good method.

1. Create accounts on facebook, twitter and youtube to start with. These are places where almost the entire world is on.
  2. Sign up for useful forums and contribute to them usefully. It is one way to get noticed and gain credibility.
  3. Send out press releases and try to get talked about on the media

Cheers

After posting new site, you need to do following things:

1. Create a sitemap
  2. Set up web analytics
  3. Setup Google Webmaster tool
  4. Monitor Your Search Engine Rankings
  5. Submit to sites
  6. Check the speed of the site

keep on updating your site regularly. At the same time, create accounts on article directories, web directories, bookmarking sites, social networks, press release sites, or even youtube. You can utilize such sites to promote your website. For me the best thing to do is to create/ad a blog and updating this everyday. Google loves relevant info.

After submitting in search engine your site need traffic and you can get it by commenting blogs, forum posting, social media and directory submitting.

First identify relevant Keywords related to your theme. Then using Google keyword tool find search volume of that keywords and finalize most relevant keywords. You should do this for all of your pages. Then when you write content for pages, place your keywords too in content(Not stuffing)
This is very important as i feel.

After posting new site, you need to do following things:

1. Create a sitemap both in XML as well as HTML
  2. Set up web analytics
  3. Setup Google Webmaster tool
  4. Monitor Your Search Engine Rankings
  5. Submit to Directories
  6. Check the speed of the site
  7. Submit your site to local search engine
  8. Social Media Optimization

Also avoid having your brand name taken by someone else, you should set up branded accounts on the important social networks as soon as possible.

1. link path consistency either www or non www
  2. Create a 404 error page to avoid loss traffic on broken link.
  3. Submission to G+ business places, if the site is targeting local audience
  4. Create feedburner, if the site have feed feature

Thanks to all who contributed. As the OP has never returned, I’m closing this thread.