Thinking of starting a digital marketing company

Just looking for some opinions. I’m a SEO copywriter by trade, but am interested in creating an internet marketing company because there’s lots of growth potential.

Would you start by targeting national keywords or doing geo-targeted virtual offices/local markets?

I live in the Milwaukee area, which my guess isn’t going to be too lucrative as far as SEO goes, at least not by my best guess anyway. However, I am not far from Chicago.

From what I understand, local companies want to shake hands with someone and in the Milwaukee area, there’s not exactly a thriving economy. I’d rather take calls and get good clients, regardless of where they could be across the nation/globe.

Thinking of charging about $1000 per month minimum - keeps the cheap guys away and hopefully gets me in with better clients. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

Welcome to the competitive land on SEO…:slight_smile: i started my company last year but started targeting clients offline…that would be my advise start there and then you can have your proof/portfolio online if clients want to see it. In the short experience i have…they don’t really care…most are happy if you send stuff by email :slight_smile: