Three level deep website directory explanation needed

Ah well, if you need help with button styling or anything, feel free to ask in the CSS forum. It’s a very active place. :slight_smile:

Thanks, will do that when this rush job is done.
Don’t use css either though, I prefer to only add/change those things on a page that I feel need doing and keep the rest as they are. My site is boring enough as it is ( predominantly spooning out dry facts ) even though people find it very helpful, so the more diversity the better.

Wow, that sounds cool. I’d love to do an HTML-only site.

I used to be a cadcam programmer in the days when there wasn’t even an official course for it. No interfaces in those days, pure machine code for very basic 8-bit processors and storage measured in kilobytes. It was there that I really learned how rubbish compilers are.
Later on, you got the interfaces followed by what was known as “dialogue systems” which were similar in set up to wysiwyg html editors. Whenever I got a program made by one of these for a repeat order project, I could easily knock off 20% of the production time and improve tool life at the same time. When machines write off half a million per year, 20% time gain is a lot of money.

He uses an editor since there is CSS and FONT within those pages and other tell-tale signs but it’s quite true that people visit sites for content and not always fancy design.

Why don’t you? The results are much better, faster, accurate and versatile than using compilers. And because you don’t need half the rubbish that comes from crap like Frontpage, it doesn’t take that much longer.
There is another massive advantage that you can’t get with a compiler. You can use every on page SEO trick in the book and spread them in whatever way you see fit. I am conviced that is half the reason my pages rank so well. ( last page added ranked 5th out of 2.2 million just one week after I uploaded it, with only four backlinks. )

Those are leftovers from the “webmaster” who originally “designed” the site on the sitesell package.:rolleyes:
After taking control of the website myself, I have been working on removing that crap as soon as possible. ( which is not very fast ).
Same reason why some of my pages still don’t have working buttons although that should be solved in the next 48 hours. :slight_smile: