Hi I would like you to review this site, and maybe give me some ideas regarding the sites structure etc. and most importantly, how well in your opinion is it SEO optimized(on site optimization ).Thank you !!!
Http://mbctimberframe.co.uk | http://mbctimberframe.ie
Before I comment, just a quick question: why do you have the site at two locations? Duplicate content like that is a search engine no-no, and will likely get one or both sites in trouble. (Consult the SEO forum for more info, though, as I don't claim to know much about this stuff.)
- I think Contacts link should be Contact Us or Contact
- The orange tag sweeping across the slideshow at top is distracting in my opinion. Maybe make it static or remove.
- If company motto is 'Quality without Compromise', why not put that in the header?
- personally I would make the left side menu on the homepage static (while at homepage) and make the entire graphic a link instead of just the text on left and orange button on the right.
- (closed panel system page) I would make "Contact our technical department for more details and a free quotation." a link or part of it
i like the site overall, nicely done =)
He is likely right to do so as .IE sites don't appear in Google.co.uk and vice versa with Google.ie I assume as they are restricted Geo wise (in the main part if you look deeper they do but take some finding)
As long as the wording is UK for one and Ireland for the other that won't affect the site on either search results I wouldn't have thought.
and unrestricted domains like that are found internationally like .com's etc
to make double sure add Dublin Core meta tags to each site for GEO positioning
They will give longitude and latitude as UK or Ireland for each site if you put the right ones in the appropriate site
Thank you for the replies, I will start working on the improvements asap, mrflicks could you link me to maybe a geotagging wiki or a tutorial cause i have never come across it before (I'm still W.I.P. designer). And the reason i have the site in 2 locations is like mrflicks said, due to the fact that one is based in UK and the other is based in IE. the 2 have different offices and numbers and such. having them as a one site would be bit confusing .
Just use the longitude and latitude for the appropriative Countries
You really won't get found outside that Country (In Theory)
These websites are very image intensive with very little readable content.
Although it looks like, it might be worthwhile finding the balance between a nice design and content that google and other search engines can actually read. Also the title tag lacks keywords which google crawls.
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.