Tips for Article Writing

One of my co-worker use some article spinners. How good are these.

They’re absolutely useless. For a start, it’s plagiarism, which is at least borderline criminal activity. For a second, what they produce makes Elizabot look like Brian Sewell. It’s unreadable rubbish that anyone with the vaguest appreciation of the language will instantly spot as computer-generated. And when it’s blatantly obvious that all your site does is take other people’s articles and make them less readable, have a guess what that is going to do to your reputation…

I also read at number of places things like adding articles to 1000 article site. I am unsure, its of any good to have one article at so many location for seo purpose. Of course if the writer wants more people to read it, wider circulation would be fine.

That has never been a good strategy, and since the roll-out of Google’s “Panda” update, it’s now a really, really, really bad idea. Sure, you might get more people reading the article, but they won’t link it with you, because they aren’t reading it on your website. Instead, you’re giving a thousand other websites a free lunch. A much better plan is to try to get those other sites to give a link to the article on your site - maybe a headline and a short ‘teaser’ paragraph - this will still hit a wider audience, but you’ll get them reading it on your site, where you are in control, rather than on other sites.

You are spot on, it took me lot of time to get to know this aspect. Its better to have things on own website and where own website does not allow such things discussion one can create a blog at sub-domain or create another own website.

when the idea is to write lot of contents and get one with a site with thousands of pages, one may need content writers. I needed some assistance in going about finding good content writers at relatively lower cost. The attempts at free lancers sites have not been help, mostly one comes across people who write things that are useless from user experience. If someone here have some ideas on good content writers, it may be helpful

I’d suggest splitting your writing plan into two types of articles, what I call pillars and spinners:

Pillars - a few really high quality informative articles on the subject you are an expert on, forming the core of your website
Spinners - things you can write about quickly, possibly based on a template. For example, if you write about nutrition, get a list of all the vitamins, write a quick bit about one each day. These quick items might be better distributed through social media, which then get links/traffic back to your main site.

I don’t believe in writing lots of low-quality articles to distribute widely. Maybe it works for some people, but I think you’ll probably get better responses from better content.

That sounds like a good strategy, particularly for people who are struggling to produce lots of full-length articles. But, I’d steer clear of the word ‘spinner’ - article spinners are automated tools (or sometimes overseas outsourcers) that take other people’s articles and re-word them, producing something unreadable that looks like a cross between Elizabot and Yoda - you don’t want to be associated with that kind of practice!

True! I called it that because it is trying to achieve the same thing - regular content with little effort, but of course in a much better way.

I would suggest that first you Read as much and as often as you can. Read content on your topic from different resources and from different writers.

Are your suggesting roll out of Panda has decreased or elimination of value of back links from quality sites, as I assume one of they key purpose of submission or articles to many sites is to have back links.

Article is not a hobby so if you find it is difficult to produce one, that’s norm. I used to have a copywriter to write me an article. The copywriter has very good command of English however there are lacking in the article - the call to action and the persuasion. I believe the main reason is the knowledge to the field and the message that I want to deliver. The way of expression if somehow did not satisfy me.

So, I decided to write the article myself and I pass her (my copywriter) for proof reading. This helps to improve my article :slight_smile: So, if you intend to deliver a strong message to your clients/customers/readers, you have to write to article, no choice. Because only you know what you want to say and only you can deliver the message well.

The first step is always the most difficult one but thousand of milestone start from a single step. All the best to you :slight_smile:

I agree, being able to write good content articles are a must.

I have used services that write for me and I find that these articles are not complicated.

When I have the time I write my own because then I become more and more knowledgeable about my subject, which benefits my clientele. Research can be rough sometimes but nothing good ever comes easy.

I think something a lot of “web writers” miss is the fact that online is SO different than print. The majority of users scan only headlines and titles, maybe a description here and there. So you need to make sure that you bring strong titles to your readers.

Also, write with bullet points, lists, outlines, EASY to read formats that hit the main points quickly and sincerely. Then your readers will look to read more in-depth after seeing the main points outlined nicely.

If those other sites are prepared to take free articles to use on their site I doubt very much they can be persuaded to give you a link for a teaser!

A long time ago i have started writing about smartphones and the impact they have on our society. Now that blog manages to have a lot of readers and i can almost consider it a site. I always try to post fresh info and up to date with everything that happens around me.

I say in good writing there are two more more things that are needed and i didn’t see in this thread:

1. KISS
  2. don’t imitate, innovate.
    the first part is self explanatory but the second part is the greatest thing. say something new. write about original ideas, those who was never heard before, point out new issues on the certain subject, raise some tough questions… be creative, that’ll make your content worthwhile.

Well you need to write about what you love and that is the only way to make a unique looking article .

For example I love writing about glass lanterns, and that makes me happy. You should also find something that you enjoy .

Internet users are impatient. Remember that the line between your site and the next is just a click away. How you format your articles is as important as the content, so I suggest adding an outline at the onset of your article. Articles that give tips are appealing because people don’t have to spend a lot of time scanning through the paragraphs for a particular piece of info. Chop your articles down and make them simple, but do not sacrifice depth!

Tips:
Do the required research on the topic of your article.
Think a lot while writing.
Drink Coffee :slight_smile: