Tools for connecting to a database

I only know HeidiSQL, are there better solutions? I’m interested in Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

I’m pretty happy with Navicat. Supports Mac, Windows and Linux. Supports MySQL, Postgres, SQLite, Oracle and SQL Server. The Lite versions are sufficient for basic reading, writing and some designing. The premium versions are full-featured.

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Use SQLServer and MYSQL to connect to database.

For now I’m using HeidiSQL with Wine on Linux.

I use SQLYog on Windows. It’s not free, but a nice application with tons of features.

I use SQLYog free edition, works fine

i use sqlserver to connect to database
i will suggest that

Isn’t this Windows only?

Here are some unmentioned tools. Free Tools For MySQL Design and Administration | W3Avenue

sql server isn’t a tool for connecting to a database – it’s a database system server

which leads to an interesting question for D3V4 … what database are you looking for a tool to connect with?

presumably it is mysql, as i believe heidi only works with mysql, but it would be nice to get confirmation

Since March 30, HeidiSQL supports MSSQL as well:
Introducing support for MS SQL

thanks, good to know :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s mysql :slight_smile:

I still use the ‘old’ MySQL Query Browser, it works fine.
I think it’s now a part of the MySQL workbench, which I don’t enjoy using too much - it crashes and messes stuff up too often.

I think Valentina Studio is better free tool for linux, windows and Mac OX S http://www.valentina-db.com/en/valentina-studio-overview