Tracking Subdomains in Google Analytics

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for some guidance on how to track page views per sub domain on a high traffic website.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
I have a website that is currently getting about 800,000 page views per day, lets call it [noparse]www.example.com[/noparse]

I plan to have affiliates sign up and get their own subdomain, for example lotsoflaughs.example.com
I will be paying these affiliates per view that happens on the subdomain (to clarify, the site content is EXACTLY the same site as [noparse]www.example.com[/noparse], the subdomain will only be used to track the visitors that they send to the website. My question is, how do I go about collecting all these view counts PER subdomain, seperately. I’ll need to be able to see how many views a user has send to their specific subdomain. I will be making my own view counter, but I’m also looking to use Google Analytics as my back up (or even primary) source of statistics.

How do I go about this? I won’t be creating things manually in Google Analytics because users will be able to sign up for the affiliate service and begin sending traffic to ‘their subdomain’ immediately.

CONCERNS:

• From Google: “If you exceed 10 million hits per month per property, there is no assurance that the excess hits will be processed.” I’ve seen other sites use a similar setup that would be getting traffic around the same as me, so how do they do it?

Any guidance is highly appreciated, thanks!

Probably by writing google a check. A big check.