Traffic Generation Tips Blog in a subdirectory of my main site - recommended Yes or No?

While writing the title of this showcase (my first one here) I thought I might should have asked before installing it and modifing all pages adding content and so on and so forth, but anayway now I would be happy for anyone to answer this question. I heard from many people either owning an online business or do work online, that having a squeeze page as a landing page is the first option for listbuilding and run blogs on subfolders - other say a blog should be the first spot and integrate email marketing by using the blogs tools :confused: now I wonder what you gals n guys say to this work located at: http://www.jobsonlineplus.com/moretraffic/

I am greatful for a feedback and opinion!

Have a great day everyone :satisfied:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with running a blog in a subdirectory/folder, thousands, possibly millions of sites do it that way!

What i would suggest is that you name the subfolder to something more generic like /blog - as it is no it’s too specific.

Thanks bluedreamer for your thought about my site. Well I am scared to change the folder name now since this will crush the content I think, and I already have a /blog folder for this site and now look even more forward to keep it, then connect the more specific one to that one using a page or my other blogs links. Big thanks again and have a great time. I would be happy to give you some kind of feedback to your works. so let me know!

Any option is fine as long as it suit your short and medium term goals and what’s important for your business.

If what I prioritize the my content more than anything else, then the blog should be the dominant and getting the e-mail address will be secondary because I want to be remembered by the quality of my words, what I have to say and who reads it is “not” important. In this case, if the blog is in a subdirectory or subfolder is not a concern.

Now, if your main goal is selling items or products or courses or anything, then updating and keeping a list of possible buyers/clients/students is a must for your business and you’ll need tha squeeze page. And maybe, you’ll need to give more thought to your site structure and a subfolder is not such a good idea

If you want to genrate leads and promote your blog by using email marketing then I would sugest something like mail chimp that can easily integrate with your web site. You can use mail chimp to genrate a mailing list for your blog.

It really doesnt matter if you put your blog into a subfolder asl long as it is easy for your users to use and navigate. If you do seo on http://www.jobsonlineplus.com/moretraffic/ then that landing page will show up anyway and users will get to your blog by clicking on that link.

Hello Friend,

I am totally agree with bluedreamer points, as per standard convention, If You name your subfolder to something more generic like i used mydomain.com/blog/ for My blogs.

It would Have More Impacts on Our Readers and followers.