Troubles with a header redirect

Hi all,

I’m a bit stumped on this, as I’ve never encountered this problem before. I have a login script that uses a header redirect after user authentication.

Here’s my script (I usually don’t use the mysql functions, but the hosting server only has PHP 4.4.9):

$login = trim($_POST['username']);
	$pass = trim($_POST['passphrase']);
	$pass = md5($pass);
	$query = "SELECT id FROM users WHERE username='".mysql_real_escape_string($login)."' AND passp='$pass' ";
	$result = mysql_query($query);
	$num = mysql_num_rows($result);
	if($num == 1)
	{
		session_start();
		$_SESSION['logged_in'] = TRUE;
		while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
		{
			$id = $row['id'];
		}
		$_SESSION['id'] = $id;
		header('Location: /admin');
		exit;
	}else
		{
			$status = "<p class=\\"errors\\">The username/password combination you supplied is incorrect. Please try again.</p>\
\\r";
		}

I’ve checked to make sure the session variables are set. The header function doesn’t seem to be working here. Before I added the exit call, it was just re-displaying the login form. After adding exit, I just see a blank white screen.

I’ve also tried using an absolute URL for the Location, with no luck.

I’ve taken out the authentication script out of the index file, so when I type the address of the index file directly, I can see it just fine. It’s not redirecting back to the login page (as I thought my auth script was messing things up and just sending me back to the login page).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hey, nevermind. I removed my closing php tag in my database include file and that fixed it.