Trustmarks/ Site Seals

Hello,

I have the BBB, Trustwave (pci and ssl certificate), authorize.net merchant account seal and an ETA seal trust mark for my e-commerce site.

What are some other good seals to gain trust in customers?

Thanks

Hi,
This makes some good reading: Trust Logo Recognition Precedes Presence | Actual Insights

Alicia

There’s a point of dimishing return on marks where you go from safe to just looking unprofessional. At 4 I’d say you really aren’t likely to benefit from any more in numbers although you can certainly test adding others… or swapping up for better known names like Verisign, TRUSTe and the likes.

If I purchase more marks, but just want to use the services they offer but not the mark on the page - does that work too? or do you have to have the badge on the page?

Depends on what you want to use the service for…

The versign trustmark, for example is just a badge. There’s no other service provided with that fee.

So basically, do I have what I need to secure my site and my customer’s confidential info?
*SSL certificate: (Comodo PositiveSSL or TrustWave Premium SSL)
*Web Security: (McAfee)
*[B]Merchant Account: /B

Do I have the main ones covered? What is an example of a privacy trust mark?

Privacy marks like TRUSTe generally certify that your privacy policy matches your actions and are used by larger sites for the most part.

SSL means the information being submitted to your cart is encrypted and harder to read as it travels across the web. Not storing credit card information and using authorized.net gives people less to break into. Webscans with McAfee identify obvious problems. But it’s just the surface… being truly secure goes beyond the logos used to instill confidence.

Personally I’d drop the Authorize.net logo as no consumer knows them and pick up a visa / master card logo in their place, or leave the spot empty. Two decently known marks from an SSL and Security firm will represent you well. If you want to add more, consider social validation with BizRate, Facebook Likes [the count implies usage] or something similar.

The goal is to show consumers you take things seriously… but not to go so far as to have your footer look like a list of icons.