Trying to add a shadow with glow effect

I have searched the sitepoint forum and managed to find a thread about this. The code that i used is:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Shutter Lens Background Edge</title>
<meta name="generator" content="PSPad editor, www.pspad.com">
<style type="text/css">

#glow,
#glow .rt,
#glow .lb,
#glow .rb {
    float: left;
    position: relative;
    background: url(glow.gif) no-repeat;   /* one maximum large glowing edge image */
}
#glow .rt {
    background-position: right top;
    margin: 0 0 0 10px;                    /* left top corner width */
}
#glow .lb {
    background-position: left bottom;
    margin: 10px 0 0 -10px;                /* left and right top corners height, balans left */
}
#glow .rb {
    background-position: right bottom;
    margin: 0 0 0 10px;                    /* left bottom corner width */
    padding: 0 10px 10px 0;                /* even out the top and resulting left margins */
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="glow"><div class="rt"><div class="lb"><div class="rb">
        <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer nibh elit a In ac. Orci et arcu orci convallis enim sapien tellus ligula vestibulum hac. Risus felis nisl In at et in orci Curabitur mauris ipsum. At Maecenas porttitor dui libero vel eros tincidunt et quis condimentum. Et tempor ac vitae ut Vestibulum faucibus elit Phasellus netus ut. Id orci orci ipsum tellus convallis est.</p>
    </div></div></div></div>
</body>
</html>

The problem is that, after i applied the code to my site, the site now have been positioned to the left. Have a look: articles
I have tried with float: center, but doesn’t work, the image remains blocked on the header, despite the fact the site is being centered.

You need to center your outer wrapper. Float: center doesn’t exist, so ry this:

#glow {
  margin: 0 auto;
  width: 1026px;
   float: none;
}

Thank you so much, worked well. Also voted you! THank you !

Great, glad that helped! :slight_smile: