Trying to add a slider into my website

so im trying to add a slider to my website. i got the code off [B][I]here[/I][/B] but i just really can’t understand step 4! someone help? i’ve inserted the script type etc and changed the ‘]’ to ‘>’ etc, but i just dont understand how to do the rest!

Hi,
I think the step 4 says to get and include in your page the js files: jquery.js, and scripts.js using this syntax:

<script src="path_and_name_of_js_file.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Yes, if you look at the source code of their demo page, you will see this in the <head> section of the page:

<script type="text/javascript">var _siteRoot='index.html',_root='index.html';</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts.js"></script>

They are saying to put that code on your own page, and then makes sure that you have the jquery.js and scripts.js files in the same folder as the page. (You can store those scripts elsewhere, but you then need to change the paths. E.g. if you decide to put those script files in a /scripts/ folder in your main folder, the paths would change to something like

<script type="text/javascript" src="[COLOR="#FF0000"]/scripts/[/COLOR]jquery.js"></script>

etc. In the example code they give you to download, they place the scripts in a /js/ folder, and link to them like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="[COLOR="#FF0000"]js/[/COLOR]jquery.js"></script>

That’s fine too. The example code they give you should show you everything you need, as it’s all there.