Trying to install Flash media server on Debian. Need help!

I have a Debian VPS and now i am trying to install a Flash Media Server on it. But i have some problem. Im new to linux so have some mercy on me.

I trying to follow the installations instructions but i can’t get it to work.

I have a execute .exe file that i should upload but if i do that i get ‘‘cannot execute binary file’’
I did this to chmod it.
chmod +x /opt/fms.exe
But nothing happen. It’s the same ‘‘cannot execute binary file’’
I have the fms.exe file in my root /opt im not sure if that is ok.

What am i doing wrong here? I using this command /opt/fms.exe ./install to try to execute the fms.exe

Please need some help here.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but you may have downloaded the Windows version instead of the one designed for Linux…
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/install/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119ed5bf947-7ffcInstallConfigure.2.3.html

LOL. Ok i have change now.

It say like this.

Copy the file to a directory on your local disk

Ok i have now put the tar file in the same folder /var/opt/
And now i enter this command tar -xzf AdobeMediaServer_5_LS1_linux64.tar.gz
I get this error
Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2

Am i doing right here?

You downloaded the tar.gz file from Adobe? and placed it in your /var/opt. Can you perform a ls -la *.tar.gz in your /var/opt and provide that output here?

I did like this.

/opt/AdobeMediaServer_5_LS1_linux64.tar.gz
and i get that i have the the file here by this error
Permission denied
What can i do now?

Okay, be sure you are either 1) running at root, or 2) using sudo (and you are in the sudeors file)

so as root:

cd /opt
tar -xvzf AdobeMediaServer_5_LS1_linux64.tar.gz

using sudo:

cd /opt
sudo tar -xvzf AdobeMediaServer_5_LS1_linux64.tar.gz

Ok Thanks!

I did this

cd /opt
tar -xvzf AdobeMediaServer_5_LS1_linux64.tar.gz

And it packed up all the files in the same directory. /opt/
Now i have /opt/adobe/
in this adobe map i got all the files now.
It say something about fms inside there.
But is it ready now? Is my FMS server ready for my rtmp://fms address?

Or what shall i do now?

Whoa, slow down there. I’ve never actually installed this before, so I’m trying to do this purely from their installation notes :slight_smile:

Okay, so I want you to go into the adobe directory.

cd /opt/adobe

Then run the following:

./installAMS

Follow the directions on the screen (which is steps 9, 10, 11, and 12 at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/install/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119ed5bf947-7ffcInstallConfigure.2.3.html)

If you get stuck, or have a question during the install, please post the text you are confused with your post, as I can’t see what you see :slight_smile:

Whenever I’ve installed FMS on non-centos/red-hat systems, there have been dependency issues - you’ll likely get error messages once you start the install process. Also, I’d recommend you turn off any webserver you have running for the duration of the installation as there wil be a clash for port 80. Once you have it installed, you can reconfigure AMS to not use 80 if necessary, and then switch it back on. Ideally, AMS should be on its own server, it requires plenty resources of memory, cpu, disk i/o and port availability that make it tricky to coexist with other server applications.