I'm not sure about that... but with VBScript, you can immediately write into an excel file, so you don't have to import CSV files anymore.
I know it's totally the wrong way of making a guestbook...
But at work, I had to make a webbased project (which was more complicated and had lots of different features) where I was not allowed to use any kind of good stuff like PHP/MySQL or normal webbased server/databases. My boss didn't allow me to install anything like that to make it work like a normal website.
So I ended up creating a messaging system for my management, so they can write messages for a whole team of users underneath them. The message system has several other features:
- only titles of the messages are displayed, if you click, a jQuery animation opens the whole message
- the titles are colored per theme
- they can add multiple attachments (the files get copied from directory to directory with VBScript, not overwriting existing filenames)
- they can edit every message afterwards, changing the attachments etc
- they can delete every message on the same control panel
- a search box to search through all messages, by theme, by content, by date, ...
And all that is stored into one simple excel worksheet.
It gave me a headache programming this, with all the testing and errors... but since it's up and running from one year ago, it didn't have a downtime, yet.