Twitter and Facebook: Use specific blog page or personal account?

I am starting a personal blog that will be discussing some issues on the application of science in every day life and my experiences. Something like a personal development blog.

• Which do you think is the most appropriate way to work? Advertise my site through my existing accounts of my name in both twitter and facebook or to create a separate account on twitter and a page on fb for my blog?

• Use comment form that connects with facebook or a normal one?

Good question angelosbg,

The short answer is its up to you. You should think about what your goals are for the blog and for your web presence in general. If you want to create a brand but don’t always want to be promoting that brand to your everyday friends, then setting up separate accounts would be better. If on the other hand you want to promote your site and your brand to the people you already know on a regular basis, then doing that on your established networks is appropriate.

Here is a good post about how to keep business separate from personal on Facebook. Maybe it can give you some ideas.

Best,

Shawn

Use your blog page and then create a facebook page for that one. Don’t use your personal account for it because you have separate those things in your life.

But definitely link them both together.

1. Create a facebook fan page related to your blog.
  2. create a twitter account related to your blog.
  3. Start adding content to your blog and share the same on your facebook and twitter on a regular basis.
  4. Check out what your competitors are doing to bring traffic to their blog.
  5. You can also have guest bloggers posting on your blog.
  6. Run contests, give free giveaways to members of the week etc.
  7. Give people incentives to stick with you. ( Discount coupons for something related to your niche).
  8. Post on your blog on a regular basis.
  9. Reply to all the mails/comments on a regular basis.
  10. Rinse and repeat.

It will be better to promote is together through different accounts and your personal accounts. Because, if you promote through your website business accounts, it will help to get your website branding and if you promote through your personal account, you would grow up your personal reputation. So, always try to mix them.

Yes it’s true facebook is more personnal because people share many thing on faceook like photo and life… but a good point to know it’s twitter is more powerful than facebook for the SEO.

Well, you say it’s personal blog, so I assume you are not seling a product, but a service (if you are selling at all). If this is the case - promote your articles through your personal profiles. No need to create additional pages since it will only slow you down. Plus, you will get followers on both Facebook and Twitter instead of fans. If you grow big (which I hope happens) than you can create a fanpage for yourself (not for you blog).

keep your personal social activity separate, even separate Facebook account if a wide disparity exists. You will want to join groups and pages and this may clutter up your personal space with friends. Best create two Facebook accounts. You can just use pages, and use a page to gather momentum for your business but when you join groups and pages, this will mix with social feeds from friends.

You need to use different account to promote your blog on social sites (Facebook, twitter etc.), because it is best way to drive business in my view. So i will suggest you to create another account to your blog promotion.