Twitter or facebook which one you prefer?

I prefer neither since I don’t really care much for social networks, I find the irrelevant and from my perspective they actually make the internet evolve backwards. IRC networks were more advance it terms of community and instant messaging.
But I have to use them, as everybody else, you can’t stay away, especially if you work in the internet marketing business.

For personal purpose, I will use Facebook but for business i will go with Twitter.

Why is that?

I’m not choosing one over the other. I think they’re both good, and I’m sticking to the fact that they’re called social media because they’re used to help you communicate with people who you couldn’t talk to a lot in the world out there. Facebook has 'em apps and games, but I don’t really play games or use apps in Facebook. I just use it to talk to the people in the groups I’m in. About Twitter, I’m using it to talk to my friends and for following some celebrities. In any case, to answer the thread starter’s question, I have them both opened at the same time, so would that count as a “both”?

I’m using both of them.
But I like Facebook, because Facebook is easy to use and there no need to shorten your URL.

Hi,
Twitter or facebook? both are top site in social networking but i will prefer facebook. twitter is micro blogging site and facebook is big social networking site.

They are both excellent platforms but different in many ways, i would recommend using both especially for business.

<snip>

seems there is nothing new to add to this discussion as it’s coming around to "I prefer… for business and I prefer … for personal.

Thread closed.

I think that comparison is inaccurate. Apples and oranges have far greater similarities than Facebook and Twitter do. Perhaps comparing Apples and Coffee would be a more accurate comparison as they have about as much in common as Facebook and Twitter and make the fact that they serve entirely different purposes and that which you prefer at a particular point in time will depend on what you need.

From a marketing point of view I think both are Important!

As I said, apples and oranges “are both fruits, but one is quite different from the other.” Twitter and Facebook are both Social sites, but I did acknowledge that one is different from the other. In fact, my post went on to say,

If you are using either for business promotion, you need to judge each of them on the particular merits they offer to your business, not the businesses of others. What do you expect to achieve in using Social Media for business and what tools do both of them offer that will help you to achieve your objective?

Oddly enough, I thought I closed this thread in the post directly above yours since the thread has degenerated into “X is my favorite” and “Y is my favorite” and the OP has not returned to take part in the discussion.