Two actions for one form submit

I have a javascript code to let people subscribe to our newsletter.
I would like to get a mail each time a person get subscribed to our newsletter.

The code to let people subscribed to our newsletter is:

[I] <!-- newsletter subscribe below here –>
<script language=“Javascript” type=“text/javascript”>
var fieldstocheck = new Array();
fieldnames = new Array();
function checkform() {
for (i=0;i<fieldstocheck.length;i++) {
if (eval(“document.subscribeform.elements['”+fieldstocheck[i]+“'].value”) == “”) {
alert("Please enter your "+fieldnames[i]);
eval(“document.subscribeform.elements['”+fieldstocheck+“'].focus()”);
return false;
}
}
return true;
}
function addFieldToCheck(value,name) {
fieldstocheck[fieldstocheck.length] = value;
fieldnames[fieldnames.length] = name;
}
</script>
<form action=“http://www.investinginmongolia.com/phplist/?p=subscribe&amp;id=2” method=“post” name=“subscribeform”>
<p class=“linkleft12”>Our Newsletter:</p>
<p class=“linkleft12”>Email:
<input name=“email” style=“width: 105px” type=“text” value=“” />
<script language=“Javascript” type=“text/javascript”>addFieldToCheck(“email”,“Email Address”);</script>
<input name=“list[2]” type=“hidden” value=“signup” /></p>
<p class=“linkleft12”>
<input name=“subscribe” onclick=“return checkform();” type=“submit” value=“Subscribe” /></p>
</form>
<!-- newsletter subscribe ends here –>

I also would like that an e-mail is send automatically to info@yurt-ger-yourte.com
through
FormMail

Thanks for your help.

Bernard

I’m a little confused why Javascript is necessary to let people sign up to the newsletter. Is it to keep out bots?

Normally someone would have one single back-end script attached to the signup form who dealt with both setting up the user’s email for regular mails, and sending you a notification.

Holy cow, another Matt Script clone : ) If you’ve got anything more than the most basic form or two, you might want to invest in a nice small Perl backend that just has the mail stuff and notification stuff… without anything smelling like Matt’s Scripts (I’m glad to hear it doesn’t use any of his code : ) Something like… CGI::Application or maybe a framework like [url=http://labs.kraih.com/]Mojolicious?

I know this doesn’t answer your questions at all, but you’re using Perl and that’s awesome so I had to say something : )