Two CSS issues

Hi,

I have two CSS issues I can’t seem to fix on the following page:

http://www.infinitybeachhouse.com.au/build/the-retreat/

Issue 1: I can’t get the main header navigation to float to the right of the container (currently floating to the left). Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Issue 2: The blue buttons near the bottom of the page > the first one is correct (white text on blue button), but the second and third buttons which are the exact same markup have blue text (so it’s invisible on the blue BG).

I know these are probably really basic issues, but I am struggling to fix them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
Jed

Not really sure what you mean. Menu is currently sitting to the right.

Issue 2: The blue buttons near the bottom of the page > the first one is correct (white text on blue button), but the second and third buttons which are the exact same markup have blue text (so it’s invisible on the blue BG).

Same thing, really. They all look the same to me. What browser are you using? Maybe you need to refresh the page / clear the cache.

Hi Ralph,

Sorry I probably didn’t explain that very well:

Issue 1: The menu site to the right, but I need the menu to be right aligned to the container so it sits all the way across (at the moment it’s sitting in the left of it’s container).

Issue 2: Oh sorry, it’s just the visited state that it’s happening – I refreshed and it is fine until you click on it and then look again.

Cheers

You could just switch the LI floating from left to right (layout.css line 20):

media="screen, projection"
#navigation ul, #navigation ul li {
float: [COLOR="#FF0000"]right[/COLOR];
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

But the LIs will sit in reverse order. So you could perhaps add this instead:

#navigation {
  float:right; 
  width: auto;
}

In terms of fining the link, add this:

a.button:visited {color:white;}

Nice one! Fixed, thanks.

Hey can I please ask you one more question on this menu?

Currently I have the “//” dividers as content in the CSS (as li:after), and I have styled the last one as white so you cant see it. But it’s still there and it stuffs up the right alignment of the menu.

I tried to remove the last // with CSS but couldn’t work out how to do it. Any ideas?

Cheers

You’ve left off :after in your override rule. You’d need to do something like this:

#navigation ul li:last-child[COLOR="#FF0000"]:after[/COLOR] {
	content: "";
}

Great – thanks!

Thordendal, I recommend that you take a quick look at the HTML. There are some peculiarly placed <p> tags that MIGHT cause problems.

Line 333

<div class="one_half"></p>

Line 347

<p></div><div class="one_half last"></p>

Line 378

<p></div><div class="clear"></div></p>

Open <p> Close </div> is not an “expected” combination. :slight_smile: and Close </p> without a preceeding Open <p> is likewise unexpected.

I don’t get the impression that any of them belong in the code. If that’s true, then the page is “working” because of the forgiveness of browsers. No harm in giving it a look.