Typical CPM rates for community websites?

Hi,

My site generates between 40.000 and 50.000 pageviews per day. A large percentage of the visitors are returning visitors, so I think a cpm program would be most effective for this model.
But, what are typical CPM rates for publishers? Is this in the range of 20 - 30 cents or more like $1 - $3 per 1000 impressions?
I never used any cpm programs before so I’m curious to know :slight_smile:
Also what CPM programs serve enough ads to fill adspace 24/24 ?

I get around $2 per 1000 page visits. The impression I get from others is that you can generally expect between $1 to $10 depending on the site, ad placement etc.

Which AD network you use?

Google Adsense.

Most general entertainment sites tend to get somewhere between the $0.50 to $1.50 eCPM, but that is per ad, so if you had two ads per page you would be earning double that per pageview.

Some networks like CPX will fill all your inventory, although a good proportion of that would be very low paying ads to make it to 100%. Running a default chain between networks will, however, make sure that you have all you ad invnetory filled (maybe ending on a 100% fill network to make sure).

I would take a look at Tribal Fusion, Burst Media, Casale Media, Valueclick, AdPepper and CPX to get started.

-Tim

Without knowing the type of site or which ad networks you are accepted in, the rate could be as low as $.05 - $.10 or a $1 or more.

Great for you.
For me AdSense works not so good.
Traffic has grown much but earnings just stay the same.

Thanks for info

I’ve never tried anything else, but it seems to be working okay so far.

That’s alright for an entertainment type site.

That’s not going to hold true for community based sites that have a very high page view to visitor ratio. Ads pay better for more uniques and communities tend to have the same people looking at a lot of pages.

It’s going to depend on your niche of course, but each of my ad units does 20-50 cents cpm.

If you are using vbulletin - put two large cubes in your archive section above the content. I average over $5 cpm here.