Typical Project Size for Mobile

What is the typical project size for mobile development? Are you guys mostly just doing small app projects in the $2k - $10k range? Or are more signficant projects common?

They vary a lot and also depends on whether you are talking web apps or native apps; whether you are talking single platform native apps or multi-platform native apps and so on.

I’ve been involved with some small apps and some mid to large apps. Sometimes they aren’t “big” as such but are complex in some way; like Augmented Reality stuff; or live streaming and chat; often not physically huge, but do some complicated stuff.

It will vary depending on the skills of the developer, of course, and his or her target market.

I found the information I was looking for:

1. I’ve seen several consulting groups that accept $10k or $20 min. Some larger companies require $40 min projects for mobile.

2. The range according to some research I read was $12-250k per project, with the avg and the mean both hovering right around $35k per project.

3. Those numbers reflect all-in services including maybe 5-6 weeks of IOS dev time, but also other hours writing server side services, UX, creating graphics, etc.