Ugh IE6/7 Problems. Any help would be appreciated

As with most people I am not having too much of a problem getting sites to look nice in firefox/ie8, but ie6 and ie7 im still getting used to. Even if I can just get my menu and logo to align correctly on the top I would be a happy camper.

Here are links to screenshots.

IE6

IE7

And link to my test site.
http://vismarkgroup.com/dev/vision/

Thanks so much ahead of time. I have already learned a ton here in the CSS forums from the community.

First of all, I hope this is just a demo site. Your text is hardly readable for anyone that doesn’t have better than 20/20 vision.

Use a reset css and it will clear up most of your problems in IE7. The Good news is that Google is no longer supporting IE 6. I wouldn’t worry about that one.

Hi, there’s no reason we can’t fix IE6 the same time :slight_smile:
I can’t even view the screenshot/nor will IE6 load the page since there is a swfobject JS error but try adding this CSS :slight_smile:

.navcontainer{display:inline;}
#header a{float:left;}
#header{overflow:hidden;}
.clr{height:0;font-size:0;}
.navcontainer img{float:left;}

I was trying to help IE6 blind so hopefully that clears IE6 up (I know it does IE7)

Off Topic:

Shy, he is already using a reset :slight_smile:

which text are you referring to? I know the footer is a bit tough But I am changing that

Ryan… as always thank you so much.

I will give these a try and report back.

Ryan… Problem is solved in ie7, but did not work with ie6.

Pretty amazing you can do that blindly.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi, still can’t see it in IE6, but I can look at the screenshot now, and I notice the top menu is still outa wack.

Unable to test but this is a bug in IE6. A widthless float (the <li>) in combination with a child with haslayout (the anchor) makes it 100% wide.

Try removing the width:100%; here and the height

ul#topnav a, ul#topnav span{width:100%;height:20px;}

If you have any other problems please state specifically where it is and screenshot it so I can see what’s going on :slight_smile:

awesome… that fixed it!!

PS I have been using http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/ for ie6/ie7 screenshots. Not the best way but it works, although I am sure you have heard of this service before :slight_smile:

Thank you

I personally have IE6/7 but your page won’t open up a local copy for testing because of a Javascript error :).

If I do need screenshots I Use browsershots (not that I ever do lol)
You’re welcome :).