UK web hosting solution with IP whitelisting

Hi,

I’m currently on a reseller package with Nativespace in the UK who I’ve been really happy with. However, I have one client who is running an ecommerce platform (sellerdeck) and their payment gateway requires IP whitelisting on a full IP range. I’ve been told this can’t be done - understandably - as I am on a shared server. They’ve suggested I go on to a cloud vps which has a reasonable £10 per month starting level. However, once you add on CPanel access and management options, it’s much nearer the £50 mark.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations for finding either a standalone hosting option that could be configured to fix the IP whitelisting option, or a suggestion for a reseller package that doesn’t have the same lock down on features.

Many thanks in advance.

Frankly saying for what your client has requested , and if you require reliable service £50 is something you will have to pay. Best way to let you customer know for what he has required he will have to pay more and ask him for the extra charges.

arthur,

I am not sure whether you can have a dedicated IP address using a shared host. It should NOT be impossible (nor should it require a VPS) but you’ll have to check your hosting options carefully. One good way to check is to live chat or e-mail that question to each host you’re considering.

From the previous post, it appears that his server does not allow that (unless on a VPS) so I’d start with WebHostingBuzz.co.uk (my accounts are with their .com servers) or await the WHB CEO, Matt, to appear in this thread … if you don’t want to chat/e-mail.

Regards,

DK

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve spoken to a couple of hosting companies and may be getting nearer to a solution but appreciate the suggestions and advice.