Unable to edit meta info in Joomla

a have joomla 1.0

" I went into Modules > Administrator Modules > Sh404sef clicked on edit Homepage meta tags but the edit did not work/save. "

I am not sure how to upgrade it, since the file downloads to your computer w/o instructions nor do I want to lose the site info.

I would certainly suggest that you upgrade to Joomla version 1.5.18. With it you can add meta tags and a different description for every article. No problem!

goto administrative configuration in control panel or try menu manager then home and then advanced configuration

I have the following when logging in:

across the top: Home - Site Menu - Content - Components - Modules - Mambots - Installers - Help

site/com_admin

Control Panel

Add New Content - Content Items - Static Content - Frontpage Manager Section Manager - Category Manager

Media Manager - Trash Manager - Menu Manager - User Manager

Neither of the items you mentioned are in there: goto administrative configuration in control panel or try menu manager then home and then advanced configuration

Menu Manager does not have Home > Advanced Configuration

I suggest installing one of the joomla meta extensions. Working straight with joomla sucks for most everything, meta tags included.

I have “sh404sef” and changed it there but it does not change.

clicked on "home Page meta > Modify > clicked “save” & nothing.

version: Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable.

it’s so aggravating as it should be so elementary to edit this. I mean WTH, do they collaborate with Microsoft windows when developing junk like this.

search the joomla extension site for “meta tags” ,there are specific extensions that deal only with meta information and they are straightforward.

Click on Global Configuration there you will see meta data of complete website
or goto
Menu
main menu
Home
then Parameters (System)

to change title