Unable to Install XAMPP after removing it from the Computer (WINDOWS 7)

Hi Everyone!

I really need your help with installing XAMPP on my PC. I uninstalled my old xampp and was trying to install the updated one. When I’m done uninstalling my xampp. I now run xampp-win32-5.5.19-0-VC11-installer and it’s just loading and doing nothing. I’ve check task manager and under processes it’s there. I waited like 30mins but still installation page not appearing. I’ve done everything, disable my antivirus, run xampp as admin , reboot and even turn off my firewall but still not installing. Really need your help. Thanks guys!

Hi Genesis, welcome to the forum

How did you uninstall it?
AFAIK you should delete programs from
Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features
so that files and Registry keys etc. will be removed.
That is, if you only deleted files, remaining Registry keys, PATH variables and other “left-overs”, might be causing a problem.

Hi there!

Yes I did what you said. I went to Program and Features and uninstall the file. I’ve notice earlier when I was trying to install XAMPP again I went to C Drive and check it’s old folrder and the XAMPP folder was there. Now I just delete it simply by presing delete button on my keyboard and try it again but no luck. :confused:

Did you restart your computer?

Yup I did. probably 3 times. then I shut it down and turn it on again still doing the same. I try to install an older version of xampp and it is doing the same also. I wish I didn’t remove my old xampp. Too Bad.

That is too bad. It sounds like you did everything the right way so I don’t know what the problem is.

Maybe you could use a different localhost bundle ?

Yup, think so. I’m not just sure if there is an app in my PC that won’t allow XAMPP to run. but that’s not possible I think. Well I’ll see. maybe LAMP would work wouldn’t it right?

Worth a try. If it doesn’t there a lot of others to choose from.

Try Soft Organizer

Try installing XAMP to a different folder name.

I can’t because it doesn’t load at all. My installer works fine in my sister and dad’s laptop. But it’s not even launching in my desktop. When you click the installer the arrow cursor will just show a loading sign and that’s it. Nothing happens even if you waited for an hour.

Hi, I just downloaded soft organizer and when I run and Install xampp again. It did the same way, soft organizer freeze nothing else I can do even I waited for 30 mins. I just rebooted my desktop. Still not lucky. Whew

Have a look in Task Manager, is there any tasks or processes running that look like they could be part of XAMP?

Type %app data% on your window address bar. you can see the list of all installed file folder. if you find xampp there, then try to delete the folder.

Hi there, Thank you for your advise. Unfortunately it did not fix my problem.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.