Updating boolean in mysql with php query

Hi,

I have created a new boolean column on my table and I want to update it when I have viewed the contents of a row.
So I have made a page where I can view the contents of a row where id = whatever. And I made the function below to update the boolean value and the date. But I get a warning saying missing argument 1 for my function.
Toi be honest I have never used booleans in mysql before, so I might be doing this completely wrong.

In the table, I have a row called leads and the boolean column is called sent which has a default value of 0. Here is my function, which I simply call when the view page is launched.

// Mark Sent
function mark_sent($params)
{
      $id = $_GET['id'];
	  $connection = db_connect();		
	  $query = ("UPDATE leads SET sent = '1', date = 'NOW()' WHERE id = '$id'" );		
	  $result = mysql_query($query);
		if (!$result)
		{
		  return false;
		}
		else
		{
		  return true;
		}		
	}

function mark_sent($params)

This function is expecting input in the form of a single parameter $params. If you are calling it as mark_sent(), you arnt sending anything through to fill $params, hence the error. You can remove the $params from the function definition, since you dont actually appear to be using it in the function.

Duh! Thanks StarLion!

I copied & edited an existing function which originally had sprintf stuff in it, another rookie mistake. Works a treat now, many thanks :slight_smile:

you are updating the column to a string, not a datetime value

i’ll bet you actually want to use the NOW() mysql function, instead of the string ‘NOW()’

:wink:

Haha yes that was going to be my very next puzzle, you beat me to it!
Thanks guys, you rock! :slight_smile: