Upload Images and Documents to an absolute URL

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for implementing something that I think would save me a ton of time and effort.

I run quite a lot of websites, some for clients and some for myself, which are all hosted via a reseller account so are all on the same server and IP address.

I’ve become frustrated with the amount of time I spend flitting between the different accounts, admin systems, logging in, ftp transfers etc and I’m thinking of building a central non-public website just to manage all the content management from one place.

I know I can access all the different databases so can’t see anything stopping me firing out new content and edits from one single site but I am envisaging a major snag with managing image uploads and deletes as I know that the paths normally have to be set relative to the admin page.

If anyone has any thoughts on solving this problem, I’d be massively grateful for their ideas or suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

cURL is the tool for your problem.

… just to manage all the content management from one place

Do you mean some kind of online file manager?

(ps nice portfolio :slight_smile: )

Thanks guys.

I’ve used cURL a bit in the past but haven’t explored all its potential obviously. Will dig deeper on that one. Appreciate the suggestion jgetner.

Cups - not so much a file manager. I’ve got a ckeditor based admin system that I use on most of my sites to edit and create content. It’s dawned on me that I should be able to set things up so that all my content can be managed from a single portal site as long as I have all the different dbconnect scripts available to load up and fire off the content to the different sites. I’m expecting it to be quite a bit of work but tink it will save me a load of time in the long run. If I can get the image uploads working via cURL, that would be the clincher for going ahead.

Thanks again.