Upload mp3 file and info into database how?

Thanks I have to remember those error checking steps. I forgot to put quotes around the values.

I am getting a strange output when I display the info in the table I am using the following php file below.

I use the following code to to see what was being input into the table:

$sql = “INSERT INTO $table (Song_Name, Artist, Release_Date, Additional_Notes, Path )
VALUES (‘$_POST[name]’, ‘$_POST[artist]’, ‘$_POST[date]’, ‘$_POST[notes]’,‘$uploadfile’)”;

echo $sql;

One example of what was inputed is:

INSERT INTO mp3_files (Song_Name, Artist, Release_Date, Additional_Notes, Path ) VALUES (‘Juicy’, ‘Biggy’, ‘2000-18-01’, ‘this is a test’,‘C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mp3_files\Biggie Smalls - Juicy.mp3’)

as you can see it input the Release_date as 2000-18-01 and the full path as

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mp3_files\Biggie Smalls - Juicy.mp3’)

but when I display the info in a table I get the following

for the release_date 0000-00-00

for the path C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsmp3_filesBiggie Smalls - Juicy.

You can notice that it’s not displaying the date and that it’s not display the “\” backlash in the path

Please, let me know what I am doing wrong in the display and how I can correct it??
here is the code I cam using to dispaly the info in the table

<?php
include ‘installdb.php’;

$query = “SELECT * FROM $table”;
$result = mysql_query($query);
$numrows = mysql_num_rows($result);

echo “<table>”;
echo “<tr><th>Song_Name</th><th>Artist</th><th>Release_Date</th><th>Additional_Notes</th><th>Path</th></tr>”;

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo “<tr><td>$row[Song_Name]</td>”;
echo " <td>$row[Artist]</td>“;
echo " <td>$row[Release_Date]</td>”;
echo " <td>$row[Additional_Notes]</td>“;
echo " <td>$row[Path]</td></tr>”;
}
echo “</table>”;
?>

Your string is being striped of slashes by php.
Use this function:

$uploadfile = htmlspecialchars($uploadfile);
$date = htmlspecialchars($_POST[date]);