Uploading Wordpress Posts Via Phpmyadmin

Hopefully someone here can help me. Explaining this may be a pain for ya, but I would really appreciate any assistance that you may be able to give me.

Here is my scenario.

-I am trying to import a csv file into phpmyadmin.
-The MySQL database is for Wordpress.
-The .csv file is individual posts.
-Each post has multiple custom fields.
-Some of the fields include content such as (") and (,)

My issues are as follows:

1. I am trying to figure out how to do the import into the wp_post table, even though there is no “field” within THAT table that is “category”, nor are the “custom field” fields. They are apparently within different tables.
  2. I cannot import the posts without the custom fields, as they are extremely valuable to the posts themselves.
  3. Two of the custom fields are hyperlinks that reference specific images within the database
  4. One of the custom fields is a hyperlink to another page within the site.

Any ideas? Even a point in the right direction would help out a lot. I’m just getting starting with databases, and would love a little nudge in the proper direction. I don’t want to completely mess up the website before I even get it to launch. Thanks in advance.

Where did you get the csv file from? Is it an export from another WP site?
Maybe from another WP version? Install the same version, import the database, and then upgrade WP if necessary.
Maybe the WP site where the csv comes from has plugins installed that modified the WP database? Try installing those same plugins.

Thank you guide2004 for your fast response. The csv file is not posts from another WP install. I have built a business directory from scratch using Wordpress. The csv file is a list of business records for the directory I have built. Once uploaded they will need to auto-convert into individual posts. Each record (post) has custom fields. Hopefully that will help u understand my scenario a little better.

I understand. Can’t help you with that, sorry.