Useful Users

Hello everyone

As everyone says that Facebook, twitter, link din, pin interest all these are good social media sites i agree with it but these sites generate only traffic not useful users for us. These sites increase our bounce rate don’t you think so. Tell me i am right or not.:confused:

[font=verdana]That’s a pretty good summary. The problem is that too many people see the goal as “increasing visitors” without thinking about what that means, and without having a proper marketing strategy. Sure, by splattering links to your website all over the internet, you can probably fool a few more people into clicking on them, and yes you’ll see an increase in the number of hits, but if they just bounce straight out then what good has it done you?

The key is not to just increase the number of visitors, but to increase the number of targeted visitors. You want to get people onto your site who are really interested in the site, who are good prospects to sign up or to buy from you. That means being a bit smarter about your link building and site promotion, it means thinking about the kind of people who you are going to get the most value out of, and where you can find them. And there’s no easy answer to that, because it will be different for different kinds of website.[/font]

Rose,

I would agree with Stevie and you are right as well. The goal shouldn’t be to drive traffic but to convert that traffic to buyers or whatever it is you want to convert them to. If you are seeing people bounce from links you place on social media, perhaps its time to revisit your strategy and what it is you want people to do when they follow a link from Facebook or any other social site to your website. Try and hammer out a clear conversion funnel. Design a good landing page and a good value proposition that will entice users to click through and convert.

Maybe you can find some tips here,

Hope that helps.

Shawn

thx for your reply but i was thinking that if we are not place our links on social sites then how we can get traffic to our site social sites mostly increase bounce rate then what is the strategy to increase traffic useful users.

It is true but when you work on improving your network, you better search for those, who are belonging to the niche you work for. If you add everyone without knowing their interest or expertise, it is going to increase the bounce rate.