Using jQuery to change opacity of google map tiles inside and iframe

How can I go about targeting the map tiles inside the google maps iframe so I can then use jQuery to change the tile opacity?

You can’t, iframes are access controlled so unless the iframe URL comes from the same domain all JavaScript manipulation is forbidden.

OHHHHH gutted.

Well that would make sense as to why when I tried targeting it with the jQuery it wasn’t working… thought I had just done it wrong.

I think Google maps V3 is possible to add inside <div> rather than the iFrame (correct me if I am wrong) so I might look down that ally. I am using a Wordpress plugin called Geo-Mashups so I might check with them if it is possible to include the maps as a <div>

Thanks for the help.

It should wouldn’t matter as Google always embeds there content within an iframe last time i checked, may i ask why you intend to change the opacity of the tiles?

I want to lay the maps over a texture and bring the texture through… easier done in Photoshop :slight_smile: and thats where my experience really is.

I have managed to find find a jQuery google maps plugin that uses a <div> for the maps which is great because I open up the developer tools and wat able to find the right div and change it’s opacity. So it is do able. I just have the problem now that the div that holds the tile image has no ID which makes leaves me with the challenge of how to assign id’s to the tiles and then use CSS to style them.