Using Jquery to remove attribute from all elements with same class?

Hello, I have a few input button classes all with the same class. When a user clicks on the input button, then I disable the input button so the user does not click on it again. I want to make it so when the user goes back, all of the buttons of the same class are active again(including the one that the user just clicked on). So, on document ready, I have the following:

$('.compare_prices_button').removeAttr('disabled');

It does not seem to work, though.
How do I remove the disabled attribute from all elements with the same class?
Thanks!

Could you post your full javascript code including any HTML or post a link to a working demo as its hard to debug without a full source.

I don’t think it’s possible to remove the disabled attribute, but you should be able to set it to false which should enable the field.

$('.compare_prices_button').attr('disabled', false);

Hello,
The working demo can be found at TextbookPop
I have two problems:
When doing a search in Chrome, the search pauses at the animation for an indefinite period of time.
In a browser that works, after a keyword is entered in the main search bar, and the user clicks “Compare Prices” for one of the keywords, then presses the back button, then the button is disabled.

If you view the page’s source, all of the JQuery code is located in the footer. I am not exactly sure if I am correctly coding the AJAX get request. The AJAX get request can be found under the comment: “// Process search submit click” at the bottom of the page source.

[QUOTE=paul_wilkins;4847714]I don’t think it’s possible to remove the disabled attribute, but you should be able to set it to false which should enable the field.

That does not seem to work for me. When I make those changes, then I am unable to click the button.

Thanks!