Using Lightbox to pop-up on page load

Hey,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use the Lightbox JS so that it pop-ups on page load and not when the user clicks an image?

Basically want to use it like a pop-up window which will announce something because standard pop-up windows suck. What’s the current trend for pop-up windows anyway?

Cheers

Everybody hats pop up windows but lightbox/greybox ones seem to be the trnd now. you could create an html page and then at the very begining of the page have ti call the lightbox script.

Instead of using Lightbox JS, why don’t you use Lightbox Gone Wild, it’s for the exact purpose you’re after. I haven’t looked at it, but you would have to do something like this:

window.onload = function() {
  lightbox();
}

where lightbox() is the function you would normally call with an onclick event, but of course it’s perfectly ok to have it run when the window loads.

give this a shot. might be a lot easier to work with.
http://frankleng.me/2010/07/21/drupal-tip-lightbox-pop-up-on-page-load/

Put something like this in your page.

<a id=“firstlink” href=“thelink.html” rel=“lyteframe” title=“” rev=“width: 635px; height: 465px; align: center; scrolling: no;”></a>

In the lightbox script is an initializing part which starts the lightbox when the pages is loaded.
Trigger it to the firstlink ID.