Using PEAR and OLE package without installation

Hi,
I wanted to use PEAR and OLE package without installation.PEAR and OLE is installed in my testing machine but the host server (Yahoo admin users) doesnt allow/ support installing PEAR and OLE packages.I copied both folder in the home directory on the host server but it didnt work.
I am stuck now.Could you help me out.
Thanks

Thanks Matt … for the link.
Mittineague, thanks for the reply. It helped me a great. I had tried the earlier verion of solution by hacking all the occurences in all the PEAR file… I couldnt figure out the correct solution.
I thought the second solution would be great.I went through it. I worked excellent in my local machine. I deleted all the PEAR files that were installed during xampp installation. Copied the PEAR folder to my folder. I was so excited that it worked. But when i copied everything on the host server, and tried to access the page. Only i can see is the blank page. Dont know what went wrong. If you have solution please let me know.

IMHO the main problem with using PEAR packages without installing PEAR is paths.

Many package files have include and require lines that depend on the files being where they look for them. eg.

require_once 'HTML/BBCodeParser.php';

You can either hack all such occurences in all the PEAR files you’re using to make sure the paths are correct.

Or you can do ini_set in the “top” files eg.

ini_set(
    'include_path', ini_get('include_path') . ":" .
        $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/path_to/PEAR/");

(colon for *nix - semi-colon for Win)

There are several things that could be wrong.

Two are *nix vs. Win differences. i.e. : and / vs. ; and \

and it might be a permissions problem. I don’t think you will need any “write” permissions, but they will need “read” and possibly “execute”.

Your just getting a blank screen with no error messages?

PEAR - http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=224187.0