Using Regular Expressions in PHP

Fantastic. Teaches the basics of regular expressions without going over the top for the beginning user.

Good article but would not work for UK email addresses as our TLD is reserved and most of our email addresses are name@domain.co.uk which would fail your validation.

nice article!!1

very great article, once i read, i have understood about using regular expression in php, keep the good job!

HI,
Great Job man

But again wht about the

name@domain.tld1.tld2

type of mail addresses

But this was realy simple and make me able to use regular expression who was afraid of their ugly look …

Thanks
TC

Excellent article, easy to understand, right to the point - thanks a lot!

Amazing article. I’ve been completely confused about ereg and now I can finally code my registration page!

Very useful article. It is really simple and easy to understand. Thanks!

Nice article, specially for
begginners…Thanks!!!

Great article, thanks!

Whats to stop someone entering blah@@blah.com

Great article, explains the problem and solution very well. I would add something extra about the {2,4} rule though as there are TLDs that are valid and longer so it may provide problems for certain user groups

Why do you put a period in the brackets for the extension part (on the first page): [a-zA-Z.]{2,5}$

you could use \w instead of a-zA-Z0-9_

This regex will validate the following email address:

----__…@—…xx

Maybe it could be rewritten to be a bit more complete? Actually, I haven’t checked the rfc: is the above a valid email address?

thanks this was very helpful! before i avoided regex like mad but now i see its very useful!

How about email addresses containing subdomains. Like:
xxx@yyy.zzz.com
e.g. xx@yy.gov.pl

Clear, concise article that helped me gain a basic grasp on regex. Thanks a lot!

Why do you use a-zA-Z since eregi is not case sensitive?

This article helped me alot. Thanks.