UX help is needed - How to make users navigate to the inner pages?

Hi,
I’ll appreciate your help with UX in my new website. (www.timelypick.com)

In this website every 4 hours there is a vote cycle for each topic.

The users are supposed to go through these steps:
Enter into a topic page (there the picks from the last vote cycle are displayed)
Then click on “Pick & vote” to take part in the current voted cycle, by guessing which picks are the most voted by the other users, voting for 3 picks, and then the voter uncovers the current results and how close his guess is.

It’s like a game / quiz, but I wonder how would I make the users go through this path?

Thanks in advance,

My impression of my first visit at [www.timelypick.com][1] is that you confuse the visitors:

I didn’t like the video popup loading and cover the page just because I entered it. I instantly escaped the popup.

When the landingpage came in view I tried to find clues to what the site was offering. You told there was steps to go through, but the help button just loaded the video again.

Tried hover on a topic. No url displayed in the statusbar so I tried to click and was sent off to a new browser window, which I closed before it loaded. Apparently I had moved the cursor before the link’s title message showed up.

All functions seemed to demand an account. But I didn’t want to register just to see if I could be interested in this.

The video gave some info but also made it clear that I wouldn’t se any function without registering an account, so I left the place with no incentive to come back.

…Though I will get back later when I find some time and see what I think can be done to get visitor to participate. :smiley: [1]: http://www.timelypick.com

Thank you Erik,
I see your point. That’s why I’m here.
I hope you’ll get back later and give you advice on what can be done to get visitor to participate.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.