vBulletin Website Slow!

https://xenogamers.org/?styleid=72

Here is the pingdom report:

It’s spending like 75% of the time just waiting, and I really wanna know how to bring that down severely!

What should I do?

EDIT:
I’m also running it on a nginx webserver, with xcache.

Thanks!

Your site is not particularly big, what sort of hardware is it running on and have you optimized your mySQL and web servers to the specifics of vBulletin?

If not that’s the first place to tweak before you go into expanding your equipment or feature optimization.

It is running on a VPS with 3 HT Cores from a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz, and 3gb of ram. What specifics are you talking about, so I would have to say no, I have not optimized the server to the specifics of vBulletin.

VPS with dedicated resources or a VPS for tons of sites with those resources shared to them all?

dedicated resources, good sir!

it is the only thing on the vps!

The first thing to check then is the load on the server. Your response times are terrible but that doesn’t mean it’s the server its self… are the load averages high, is memory maxed out, etc…

Next you’ll want to head over to the vBulletin forums and read up on the mySQL and web server optimization tips. Simple settings from your max clients to your cache can have a dramatic impact especially if you’re using InnoDB on the server side.

If your server is taxed and load is optimized the solution is of course more hardware, moving the DB to it’s own box and so forth.

Assuming all of that turns out to be in order it gets tricky as you have to isolate what specific functions or queries are holding things up. This means disabling mods, enabling server level logs and sifting through individual scripts, potentially even kicking guests off the site.

I realize this is fairly broad but a slow site isn’t a simple solve.

Alright, the load on the server is less than 40%. Also I’m using MyISAM, would switching to InnoDB have a significant performance increase?
Also what would you suggest on how to optimise my MySQL server. I’m using this config currently:

[mysqld]
datadir = /var/lib/mysql
socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql

symbolic-links=0
innodb_file_per_table = 1
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 256K
sort_buffer_size = 512K
table_cache = 64
max_allowed_packet = 12M
key_buffer = 16M
default-storage-engine = MyISAM
wait_timeout=28800
thread_cache_size=128
query_cache_type=1
query_cache_size = 100M
query_cache_limit=32M
connect_timeout=30
big-tables
bind-address = xxx
max_connections = 1000

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

[myisamchk]
write_buffer=2M
read_buffer=2M
sort_buffer_size=256M
key_buffer=256M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout=21000

And is it safe to assume that the bottleneck is the MySQL server?
Thanks!